SPRUCE GROVE & EAST PARKLAND
CHRISTMAS HAMPERS 2020
THANK YOU for your continued support, generosity and kindness towards local deserving families that need a helping hand this holiday season.
For the 47th year, the Spruce Grove Kinette volunteers are working to make Christmas brighter for local families struggling with a limited income. Our goal is to support families in need with food and gifts for the holidays and last year, with your help, we assisted 606 families in our area, and supported close to 1900 residents!
Planning for the 2020 season is well underway. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions, there will be major changes to the Christmas Hamper program this year:
- The Parkland Food Bank will be administering the distribution of the food portion of the Christmas Hampers, in the form of an 'upsized' December hamper for all clients. The Kinettes will be unable to collect and distribute non-perishable food this year, but will support the Parkland Food Bank with gift cards for food to contribute to the upsized December hamper.
- The gift portion of the Christmas Hamper program will be run completely separate from the food. The Kinettes will collect and distribute gifts and gift cards for children 17 and under. Last year we provided gifts to 697 children in our area!
- In light of these changes, we strongly encourage gift cards and monetary donations this year.
We rely on our community and surrounding area to donate to this important, local cause. We are a 100% volunteer-based non-profit group, and can only assist those in need in our community with your help.
This year provides us with an added challenge, and our primary goal is to have donations meet the need in our area at Christmas. We will all need to get creative with ways to encourage donations to support our local families this year!
YOU CAN HELP us reach our goals and support your community at Christmas by DONATING:
- Monetary donations or local grocery store gift cards will go towards a family's 'upsized' December food hamper.
- Gift cards or new, unwrapped gifts for children 17 and under (local gift cards are ideal for ages 10+).
HOW TO DONATE:
- Donations can be brought to us in a check-in and drive-thru fashion at the Spruce Grove Alliance Church (250 Century Road):
- Monday, December 7 to Friday, December 11, from 4pm-8pm
- Monday, December 14 & Tuesday, December 15, from 9am-4pm
- Donate at designated drop locations around Spruce Grove (information will be added once locations are confirmed)
- Cheques can be mailed, or can be picked up by one of our volunteers
- Donate online- Donorbox link on the this page
- We can accept all monetary, gift card and new toy donations
The gifts will be organized and assembled for each family the week of December 14th, 2020 at the Spruce Grove Alliance Church. Due to COVID, we will be strictly adhering to health guidelines and restrictions, and kindly ask that you bring us your donations as outlined, above.
For additional information, please check the website and Facebook for updates.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com, or Carolyn Ryan at (780) 960-0550 firstname.lastname@example.org.
THANK YOU for your incredible support of local families at Christmas. Best wishes for a safe, happy and healthy holiday season!
The Spruce Grove Kinette volunteers
Please post your events and photos of your initiatives to collect/donate
and tag our Facebook/Instagram and we will share!
Please make cheques payable to:
'Spruce Grove Kinette Christmas Hampers'
PO Box 3664
Spruce Grove, AB T7X 3A9