SPRUCE GROVE & EAST PARKLAND CHRISTMAS HAMPERS 2020
Thank you for your continued support, generosity and kindness towards local deserving families that need a helping hand this holiday season!
Planning for the 2020 season is well underway. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions, there will be major changes to the local Christmas Hamper program this year:
- The Parkland Food Bank will be administering the distribution of the food portion of the Christmas Hampers, in the form of an 'upsized' December hamper for all clients. The Kinettes will be unable to collect and distribute non-perishable food this year, but will support the Parkland Food Bank with monetary donations to contribute to the upsized December hamper.
- The gift portion of the Christmas Hamper program will be run completely separate from the food. The Kinettes will collect and distribute gifts and gift cards for children 17 and under. Last year we provided gifts to 697 children in our area!
- In light of these changes, we strongly encourage gift cards and monetary donations this year.
We rely on our community and surrounding area to donate to this important, local cause. We are a 100% volunteer-based non-profit group, and can only assist those in need in our community with your help.
This year provides us with an added challenge, and our primary goal is to have donations meet the need in our area at Christmas. We will all need to get creative with ways we can encourage donations to support our local families this year!
HOW TO DONATE:
- We can accept all monetary, gift card and toy donations in a check-in and drive-thru fashion at the Spruce Grove Alliance Church (250 Century Road):
- Monday, December 7 to Friday, December 11, from 4pm-8pm
- Monday, December 14 & Tuesday, December 15 from 9am-4pm
- Donate gifts at designated drop locations around Spruce Grove (information will be added once locations are confirmed)
- Cheques can be mailed to the address below, or can be picked up by one of our volunteers
Again, THANK YOU for your interest and continued support. We will forward more program details as they become available.
From the Spruce Grove Kinette volunteers
Please post your events and photos of your initiatives to collect/donate
and tag our Facebook/Instagram and we will share!
Please make cheques payable to:
'Spruce Grove Kinette Christmas Hampers'
PO Box 3664
Spruce Grove, AB T7X 3A9